Opens with Impact: “There is no strife, no prejudice, no national conflict in outer space as yet…” (John F. Kennedy Speech)
Clear Preview: Dreams are important for all people. They give us a sense of
hope and motivation to achieve after something that we feel
would be impossible.
Connects with Audience: Dreams is what keeps people going in life; everybody
needs dreams to live
Clear Thesis Statement: Without dreams, man would never and will never achieve
Signposting: End each topic with an example.
I. Why dreams are so Important.
A. They give us hope for the future.
1. Life Achievements
B. They keep us organized
1. Help us to make goals in life
*Example: A Beautiful Mind (The Movie)
II. The greatest example in my life of “Following your Dreams”
A. Lawrence R. Lutz
1. What kind of person
a. Not successful; but loving
b. Not selfish; but helpful
c. Not prideful; but humble
2. Greatest dream is happiness for others
c. Fellow men
III. Following your Dreams
A. “It is not what the world brings to us, but what we bring to the world.”
1. What do you have to offer to the world?
2. If you have not already, began today
a. Offer what you have to offer to the world
Summary of Main Points: Remember that dreams are the way to the future and
- Martin Luther King, Jr. “I have a Dream” 1963.
- John F. Kennedy “We choose to go to the Moon” 1962.
- Anne of Green Gables (The Movie)
- A Beautiful Mind The Movie