In conclusion, studies fail to provide empirical examination of the relationship between depression and time perceptions with clinical and nonclinical populations. While Hawkins et al., 1988 studied these variables, they did so in a nonclinical population only. Barkley et al., 2001 used a clinical and nonclinical population but only studied ADHD and time perceptions. Roxburgh (2004) provided a more recent study of time and depression, but the focus did not allow for an examination of the effects of depression on time perceptions. Thus a study is needed to empirically investigate the effects of depression on time passage perception, using clinical and nonclinical populations.
The purpose of this study is to investigate the relationship between depression and perceptions of the passage of time. Specifically this relationship will be investigated in a clinical and non-clinical population.
The research questions are as follows:
1. What effect does depression have on perceptions of time passage?
2. Do perceptions of time passage differ for clinical and nonclinical populations?
3. Does the perception of time passage differ from an individual's actual knowledge of time passage?
1. Depression will not be significantly and positively related to perceptions of time passage?
2. There will be a significant difference between depressed and non-depressed individuals regarding effects of depression on perceptions of time passing.
3. There will be no significant difference between depressed and non-depressed individuals regarding effects of depression on actual beliefs in time passed.
Subjects will include 25 males and 25 females chosen from a non-clinical population of students at a local university who voluntarily return the research packet and 25 males and 25 females chosen from a clinical population of patients at a local outpatient clinic who voluntarily return the research packet. Subjects will be ages...
The Effects of Depression on Perceptions of Time Passage. (1969, December 31). In LotsofEssays.com. Retrieved 12:46, February 20, 2017, from http://www.collegetermpapers.com/viewpaper/1304058962.html